The 290 Series transmitter measures density as a function of differential pressure. Each unit has two pressure sensitive diaphragms mechanically separated by a fixed distance on a mounting pole. Under normal operation, with both diaphragms submerged and the distance between them fixed, any variation in the pressure differential between them must be a function of the liquid density. The diaphragms are protected by enclosure cages to prevent damage from mechanical impact or debris.
- Designed specifically for mud and slurry density measurement in oil and gas drilling applications
- Rugged, reliable and accurate with field proven operation in hundreds of installations
- Pressure sensor diaphragms are protected against mechanical damage
- Compact with a simple installation
- 2 wire 4 to 20 mA industry standard output
- Intrinsically safe versions available
For further information and technical details, please download our 290 Series Mud Density Transmitter datasheet or contact us to discuss your requirements.