Radar Level Transmitter
The TDR 6011 operates using the TDR (Time Domain Reflectrometery) principle. It consists of two parts:
- A tank mounted wave guide constructed using a pair of stainless steel rods separated by Teflon spacer blocks. The rods are manufactured to the specific tank size and shape to ensure full height measurement.
- Connected by a single coaxial cable to a remote mounted transmitter / signal converter module. This provides a Modbus RS485 measurement output to either the ships supervision and control system or a PSM display module.
Primary & Secondary Displays
The 6030 Primary Display provides a full colour graphical representation of tank contents with multiple page displays, each laid out according to the specific vessel and tank arrangement. Diagnostic and status pages also show the overall operational health of the system.
Meanwhile, for localised displays, the PSM 6040 Secondary Display provides a simple ‘at a glance’ indication of a specific tank status. Depending upon requirements, it may be locked to a specific tank or may be set to scroll around a specific list of tanks. The LCD display is backlit for high visibility in areas of low illumination
The principle of Time Domain Reflectrometery in our level radar transmitters provides key benefits for naval tank gauging:
- Insensitive to liquid type or Specific Gravity
- Suitable for gauging of irregular shaped tanks
- High reliability with low maintenance
For further information and technical details, please download our TDR 6011 Series Radar Level Transmitter datasheet or contact us to discuss your requirements.