Two designs with connection, scale and valve options for marine applications
There are two models in the KD-LG series and should be chosen according to the liquid to be measured.
KD-FLG Flat (Transparent) Glass Level Gauge
Are constructed using a completely transparent glass (without reflex markings) with a reflective layer behind. The liquid level is viewed against this background.
Flat glass level gauges are used when the liquid is opaque (blocks light). They are also commonly used for measuring the levels in a liquid + liquid interface. They are suitable for low temperature and low pressure applications with fluids such as fuel or lubricating oil and and oil / water interfaces.
KD-RLG Reflex Glass Level Gauge
Are constructed using a glass with a reflective layer behind. The glass has a series of groves cut into its inside surface that act as prisms.
Light entering the gauge is internally refracted and lost where there is liquid present behind the front glass, but conversely is reflected back where there is no liquid present behind the front glass. Thus, the level measurement is seen as a grey column (liquid) with a white column (air) above.
Reflex glass level gauges are used when the liquid is transparent. They are commonly used for measuring the levels of drinking water or high temperature and high pressure boiler feed water.
- Direct measurement of liquid levels in the tank under process temperature and pressure conditions.
- Connection length and scale graduation & markings manufactured to suit each application.
- Wide range of process connections and valve options.
- Stainless steel, carbon steel, marine bronze, and borosilicate glass construction ensures
compatibility with common marine fluids such as fuel oil, seawater and bilge waste.
- Designed, constructed and type approved for marine duty by the BV certifying authority.
- Robust and reliable with no requirement for routine service or calibration.